If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (973) 928-3705

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Stove Fire Leaves Garfield Home With Smoke and Soot Damage

This Garfield home suffered a fire loss when the kitchen stove caught fire. 

After suffering a house fire, many homeowners think that their house must have been full of cobwebs that turned black from the smoke, like in this "before" picture.  In fact they aren't cobwebs at all.  This web like clusters are actually called "smokewebs."  Smokewebs are clustered in cobweb-like shapes in corners of the room.  They are caused when plastic burns, the smoke carries a stronger charge than wood, cotton or paper burns, causing smoke residue to form "smoke webs" where the walls and ceiling come together.

The SERVPRO of Clifton professionals were able to remove the soot and even the smoke smell for the home.  Our goal is always to make your home "Like it never even happened."

SERVPRO of Clifton - 973-928-3705