Will Professional Water Mitigation in Woodland Park Save My Carpets?
Don’t panic when facing water damage in your home. Contact our certified technicians to assist during this time.
SERVPRO Provides Skilled Water Mitigation to Salvage the Carpeting Throughout Your Woodland Park Interior
A water leak within the home is often an unavoidable emergency. Whether your plumbing begins to leak or a water heater breaks down, you have to work fast before water migrates into dry space. The longer water saturates your carpeting, furnishings, and personal belongings, the more significant the impact. Calling in the help of SERVPRO’s IICRC-certified technicians lessens the onset of secondary damage and increases your ability to salvage your carpeting.
How Does Mitigation Work?
Our team understands how crucial prompt action is when it comes to water mitigation in Woodland Park. Because of this, SERVPRO offers restoration services 24/7, arrives on-site and ready to get to work in as little as a few hours or less. Upon arrival, we assess the damage and use a unique formula to set a plan in place for water removal, drying, and deodorizing.
Can I Save My Rugs and Carpets?
No two surfaces are created equal, which is why our team uses specialized methods and spot testing to ensure we preserve the integrity of your rugs and carpets. When we begin the mitigation, we take into consideration several factors of your carpeting, including:
- Installation technique, and more
This assessment allows us to dictate best practices for water extraction and what cleaning products are the right fit for the job. Once the bulk of the water gets removed, we utilize a broad range of drying and dehumidification equipment to eliminate the remainder of the moisture. We do this with the help of:
- Wet/dry vacuums
- Wand extractors
- Air movers
- Industrial-strength fans
- Desiccant dehumidifiers, and more
Throughout the mitigation project, all efforts are made to save your carpeting and rugs. If we are unable to salvage these materials, everything gets removed, adequately disposed of, and replaced with brand-new materials. Call us whenever you need us at SERVPRO of Clifton at (973) 928-3705, and we will send out a team as soon as possible.
Click here for more information about Woodland Park.
Can I Operate My Clifton Salon While Mold Remediation Occurs?
Call SERVPRO of Clifton for a mold damage consultation.
SERVPRO Listens to You! We Have Strategies to Keep You Doing Business in Clifton While We Complete Mold Remediation!
It might have been a while since you opened your Clinton salon doors to clients, but now you fear another shutdown because of mold growth in your utility room. Do not despair. Our highly qualified crew of remediation specialists know how to rid your salon laundry space of active mold growth. We feel confident we can do it while you snip and trim in your customer area.
How Can Professionals Hide Mold Remediation?
Mold remediation in your Clifton hairstyling shop must occur in a contained space for the health and welfare of you and your clientele. Because the mold is located in a separate room, you are halfway there. Our technicians might opt to contain the space even more effectively by wrapping all or a portion of the room in 1.6 mil polyethylene. A negative pressure air scrubber installed inside captures tiny particles of moldy debris in HEPA filters and exhausts to the outdoors.
Can I Spray on a Disinfectant and Repaint the Stain?
Even though it seems like a solid material, the drywall in your salon laundry is permeable. The hyphae or “roots” of mold organisms infiltrate the structure and frequently rebound if the colonies are not removed mechanically by scraping or brushing. Blasting with baking soda can restore the drywall in some cases, but we often suggest the removal and replacement of porous materials.
Will Mold Come Back?
Mold spores are everywhere, impossible to eradicate. If they do not absorb moisture, they rarely grow and damage surfaces. We help you determine where the water originated, and offer hints to manage moisture like:
• Fixing leaks
• Installing and using exhaust fans
• Cleaning spills immediately
Punch in (973) 928-3705 to call SERVPRO of Clifton for a mold damage consultation. Our trained crew follows EPA guidelines to remediate mold growth, and we have reliable recommendations to help you inhibit mold issues in the future.
What Can Happen if I Don’t Hire Expert Water Removal in Clifton?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!
If Your Clifton Home Floods and You Fail to Address Water Removal Properly, You Could Face Secondary Damage
Whether you have flooding due to a recent storm or a pipe burst in your Clifton home, proper water removal is crucial to ensure your interior does not take on excessive damage. While there are some times when a mop and bucket may do the trick, you never know if hidden moisture pockets are festering behind walls or in cracks and crevices. Hiring IICRC-certified technicians ensure your home is protected from secondary damage.
What is Done During the Water Removal Project?
Once you call our team for water removal in Clifton, we have a range of methods that help us restore your interior. We use a unique formula to determine the equipment needed based on the extent and type of damage as well as the size of your home. The general steps for water cleanup and restoration include:
• Water Containment: Proper containment of the water loss zone allows us to prevent various contaminants from making their way into other areas of the home. We also work to protect our team, occupants of your home, and manage the airflow to limit exposure to pollutants.
• Water Extraction: The Green Fleet comes equipped with submersible pumps, light wands, rovers, and truck-mounted extractors to remove water from your interior efficiently.
• Pack-outs and Materials Removal: Our team removes your wet personal belongings to be dried and cleaned outside of the loss zone. We also take out any unsalvageable materials that require replacement.
• Drying and Dehumidification: Centrifugal air movers, industrial fans, and dehumidification equipment work in unison to remove moisture from materials while lowering the relative humidity in the air.
• Cleaning and Sanitizing: To finish up each project after the interior is thoroughly dried, we clean surfaces and spray EPA-registered anti-microbial solutions to inhibit bacterial growth and foul odors.
Call SERVPRO of Clifton when you want prompt, reliable water removal. We can be reached at (973) 928-3705, and our team makes it “Like it never even happened.”
How Can I Get My Clifton Restaurant Open Quickly After Water Losses?
Did your restaurant experience a water loss event? SERVPRO can quickly restore your business.
Our SERVPRO Team has Efficient Extraction, Drying, and Cleaning Solutions to get Your Doors Back Open as Soon as Possible.
A water loss incident in your Clifton restaurant can cripple your ability to serve food and remain available to your loyal customer base. As damaging as these conditions might initially appear, our technicians' fast and reliable response can help manage immediate losses and better protect your investment in advanced equipment in the kitchen and the furniture and flooring materials of the dining areas.
Moisture and water can move quickly after a loss incident, making water removal in Clifton restaurants and businesses a vital step in slowing the migration of loss effects. Even when the damage remains isolated to your restaurant's specific area, you cannot expect to restore these losses and keep your doors open to your patrons without a deliberate response by our experienced SERVPRO professionals. Because most of our roster has water restoration (WRT) certifications through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), we have educated professionals able to help 24/7.
What Are the Most Efficient Extraction Methods?
Extraction is a critical process that can be instrumental in determining how long before your doors can reopen. Standing water can be destructive to electric equipment and can deteriorate sensitive materials like wooden booths or chair legs. The sooner that our professionals implement some of our premier extraction tools, the better protected these exposed materials and areas become. Removing surface water in your restaurant often falls to multiple extraction units, including:
- Electric Submersible Pumps – While we have several submersible pumps, electric units are versatile because of their longer discharge lines and continuous, quiet operation. These units can take standing water down beneath two inches in depth.
- Wet Vacuums – Once the pooling is a manageable couple of inches, wet vacuums play cleanup. These are much more mobile units that can get placed precisely where water still exists and remove the lingering surface water threats.
- Carpet Wand - With the dining area carpeted, it can be costly to replace all of this flooring material after a water loss. It is possible to prevent tear-out and reinstallation by implementing carpet wands to extract trapped water and make drying more efficient.
How Can My Restaurant Get Dried Quickly?
Drying the restaurant is vital, especially when it is feasible to keep your doors open in some capacity with the application of the right containment methods. Regulating specific drying sciences like airflow, temperature, and humidity can increase the overall efficiency and pace of the drying process. Some tools that can be instrumental in evaporative drying include:
- Air Movers
- Desiccant Dehumidifiers
- Positive Pressure Systems
How Do I Get My Doors Open As Soon As Possible?
Statistically, businesses have a hard time bouncing back from widespread loss incidents. From Clifton water and fire losses to even flooding and storm losses, the building's effect can be costly and take longer than expected. Our SERVPRO team works to ensure that we can do whatever you need to get your business back open as soon as possible so that you can get back to business. Often, this commitment to our commercial customers comes with a three-part system:
- Job Scoping – Appropriately diagnosing the building's problems and the specific processes necessary to restore them is a vital system for efficiently recovering your restaurant.Our project manager can work with you to determine pre-existing conditions and the particular priorities you have to get back to work in some capacity to keep your business afloat through the restoration.
- Appropriate Containment – Operating your restaurant in a limited capacity means keeping your staff and customers out of the drying zones. We can build physical barriers to prevent cross-contamination in work areas and to expedite the drying process.
- Round-the-Clock Restoration – We know that you are not going to rest until your building looks the way it should, so we will do the Our SERVPRO professionals can offer around-the-clock restoration of your property to make drying and recovery after a water loss as fast as possible.
Is Demolition Necessary?
It is always our policy to restore before replacing whenever possible. That is especially true with the investments that you have made in kitchen elements, dining room furniture, and flooring. While we have in-house contractors that can oversee controlled demolition and full-scale reconstruction when necessary, we work first to restore the property to preloss condition.
We know that every minute counts when your restaurant suffers a water loss. You can count on the fast and reliable response of our SERVPRO of Clifton team. Give us a call today at (973) 928-3705.
There was a Water Leak in My Clifton Office. How Do I Save The Furniture?
No matter when you make the call, we have technicians who can assist you.
SERVPRO Dries and Cleans Furniture
As an interior designer with a showroom and waiting area in Clifton, it is crucial to have attractive furnishings free from stains or other visible damage. Our technicians use specialized techniques and equipment to restore your furniture while cleaning and drying the rest of your office space.
Do I Keep the Furniture on the Carpet During the Restoration Process?
No, Our Technicians Move the Furniture Before Treating it or the Carpet.
Technicians move furniture off the carpet during water cleanup in your Clifton office space. Technicians move the damaged furniture to a non-carpeted spot to work on it. This way, they can also thoroughly extract, clean, and dry the carpet while working on the furniture.
What Are Some Things That Could Happen if We Wait to Restore the Furniture?
- Swelling: If the wood framing sustains water damage, it can weaken, swell, and ultimately cause the breakdown of your furniture.
- Cosmetic Issues: Colors may bleed, or the water droplets can spot fabric.
- Mold Growth: Damp, prolonged conditions can cause mold growth in the furniture.
What Are Some Things That SERVPRO Technicians Do to Restore Damaged Furniture?
- They treat stains on the furniture before they dry it.
- They tent the cushions by standing them up against each other to help the drying process.
- Technicians use the upholstery tool to extract excess water from sofas and chairs.
While waiting for SERVPRO to arrive, you can dry any buttons or zippers on your furniture and cushions to prevent rust. After drying, you can place wax paper under the zippers to ensure there are no rust stains on the furniture. After our technicians arrive, they can continue the restoration process by extracting water, cleaning surfaces, and drying the furniture.
Contact SERVPRO of Clifton at (973) 928-3705 for assistance. We make it "Like it never even happened."
Find out more about Clifton.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Clifton, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Clifton today at (973) 928-3705 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
What Should I Look for in a Commercial Water Restoration Team to Protect My Building?
Commercial buildings with water damage in Clifton. SERVPRO is right around the corner to mitigate your problem.
A Comprehensive Service for Clifton Area Commercial Water Losses Is Provided by SERVPRO
The principles of commercial and private restoration teams are much the same. However, commercial businesses in Clifton generally require a larger workforce as well as more powerful equipment to achieve the same results. SERVPRO works with commercial clients regularly to help them overcome water-related situations by providing vital resources, expertise, and experience to businesses in an emergency.
How soon can I expect to re-open my business after a water-related emergency?
The size and scope of the project can change from business to business. We understand that a company requiring commercial water removal in the Clifton area needs a fast response to minimize losses to both their building and their revenues. You can expect the initial extraction process to take from several hours to many, with both pumping and extractors capable of removing up to a hundred gallons per hour. However, the drying process takes longer, depending on the size of the building and its unique material construction. Hardwood floors, for example, take longer to dry than other types of flooring. We endeavor to communicate accurate timeframes and outcomes to you throughout the service so that you can plan for your business.
How can I tell if water migration is affecting the building materials in my business?
Building materials with exposure to water of seventy-two hours or more are likely to absorb large amounts of that moisture. We measure moisture content using moisture meters, which feature a sharp probe to pierce the surface levels and provide an accurate content percentage. A hardwood floor has a natural moisture content reading of around twelve percent. Anything above twelve percent can result in the material swelling. This can cause significant pressure to exert at jointings as well as warp, cup or buckle the material.
What equipment is useful in measuring water impact?
- Moisture sensors read surface temperatures to ascertain the extent of waterlogging in a given material
- Moisture meters are useful in getting accurate measurements of water content within woods, drywall, and other building materials
- Boroscopes can help you to see inside walls or cavities for potential water spots
- Thermal imaging cameras are a non-invasive method of inspecting subfloors, wall cavities, and ceilings for signs of water migration by suing temperature variations.
What can I do to reduce buckling of floors of underwater exposure?
There is no shortcut for restoring building materials. A strategic drying procedure needs to be put in place over several days or weeks to ensure that moisture content is brought back under control without causing permanent damage to the material or the structure. A combination of air moving equipment, portable heaters as well as dehumidification can help to bring moisture contents down. However, technicians must make repeat visits to measure the success of the approach and, in some cases, make changes to the drying method.
When is it safe to re-open my business after a water emergency?
Our team at SERVPRO make an effort to perform walkthroughs with our commercial clients once the restoration is complete. Water can carry with it microbial bacteria, fungi, or even viruses. The presence of microbes in water can make it unsafe or unhygienic for businesses to open their doors to staff and customers. We ensure that your business is thoroughly cleaned, disinfected, and then treated with anti-microbial chemicals to return it to a sanitary condition. In larger workspaces, such as warehouse spaces, our team can utilize fogging devices to disperse substantial amounts of anti-microbial treatments in a short time. Some restoration work may be a requirement after the cleaning process, but these can be confined to disrupt your daily workflow as much as possible.
What special services can you bring to water removal in my business?
- Applied Structural Drying Technicians (ASD) can work with you to remove water migration and dry cavities as well as subfloor
- Applied Microbial Remediation (AMRT) Technicians can ensure you do not suffer from secondary harms like mold growth
- If your building is pre-1980, it may have dangerous building materials or construction. Our roster includes an in-house Lead-Based Paint Activities and Restoration Technician (RRRP)
- If there is structural damage, we supply an in-house general contractor to ensure your business only has to deal with one point of contact throughout service
What are the benefits of commercial restoration for my business?
Our commercial teams provide a wide range of services, which means there is minimal involvement of third-parties, which can help to keep restoration efficient and accountable. We also have established connections with local insurance adjusters as well as the chamber of commerce. Our work is regularly documented from start to finish in digital inventories. We can pass these on to your insurance provider at the end of service to aid you with a stress-free claim. If you have any questions, you can speak directly to a crew chief or project manager throughout the service.
Unforeseen commercial property disasters can impact your revenues and affect the bottom line of your business. By using reputable restoration services, you can relieve both stress and pressure while knowing your business is getting back to its original condition. Contact SERVPRO of Clifton at (973) 928-3705 to speak to a commercial operator and arrange service.
Is Fire Damage Restoration Handled by My Clifton Insurance Company or By Me?
Fire damage is our area of expertise at SERVPRO of Clifton.
Clifton Homeowners in Need of Fire Damage Restoration Should Call SERVPRO for Help
Fire damage can derail your daily routine, and it can create a flurry of phone calls to your insurance, to a professional cleaning service, and to other contractors necessary to finalize repairs. Each case is unique, and your insurance claims adjuster will guide you through their process. However, SERVPRO can be a resource to restore your home after fire damage and to liaise with other relevant parties until the goal of restoration is met.
Our SERVPRO team is specialized and certified by The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) to handle the most stringent fire cleanup efforts in Clifton. Our industry knowledge and expertise prepare us to come into your home, assess the situation, and make recommendations for the next steps. Throughout the process, we document our actions and provide any information you may need from us to file your insurance claim.
What are the steps to clean fire damage?
Fire damage is complex because it often entails the effects of the flames as well as the residue left behind by extinguishers and sprinkler systems. When our SERVPRO team comes in, we first ensure the safety of all present and then prioritize the tasks at hand. As we use pumps and other equipment to extract and evaporate the water in your home, we may place furniture on risers, so it no longer soaks water. Once humidity levels are back to normal, we concentrate on the smoke and soot itself. Our technicians take into consideration the following when making their action plan:
• The path of the fire- we follow its path to assess how widespread it is. Air vents are part of our consideration when evaluating the presence of smoke in other rooms in your home.
• The composition of burnt material- organic materials leaves a fine residue on the surfaces of your home, while man-made objects leave a stickier remnant.
• The smell in your home- as necessary, we apply air purifying techniques such as ozone generators and thermal fogging to get rid of the foul smell left behind by the flames.
Fire damage is our area of expertise at SERVPRO of Clifton. Call us at (973) 928-3705 and let us work for you until your home feels, “Like it never even happened.”
For more about Clifton click here.
How Does the Building Itself Affect the Procedures in a Commercial Water Cleanup in Clifton?
Rely on SERVPRO of Clifton for a comprehensive water cleanup of your commercial building.
Rely on the Building Knowledge and Expertise of SERVPRO to Perform the Water Cleanup in Your Clifton Commercial Building
Many variables must be accounted for when performing water cleanup in a commercial building. These include the shape of the structure, the building materials, the movement of moisture, and so on. A thorough knowledge of how these variables work is an important part of an effective cleanup.
How Do Restorers Use This Knowledge in a Water Cleanup?
SERVPRO professionals performing a commercial water cleanup in Clifton implement their knowledge of different variables to formulate an inspection plan, and the variables are also part of the water removal and cleanup procedures.
What are some of the specific variables of a given commercial building?
• Building structure and materials
• Mechanical systems
• Airflow and water flow
How does water flow and moisture movement affect a water cleanup?
SERVPRO professionals understand the path water will take in a commercial building, and this path is used to determine many of the specifics of a cleaning and drying strategy as well as the equipment to be used.
What materials and structures are evaluated as part of the cleanup?
• Structural wood
• Ceiling, floor and wall assemblies
• Windows, doors and other openings
How do the specifics of materials and structures become part of a water cleanup?
SERVPRO professionals know that moisture and water have different effects on different materials. This information is used to help restore these materials as water is removed, and it also helps them determine the best way to dry the building.
What other issues must be accounted for in a commercial water cleanup?
Unanticipated problems are common in this kind of cleanup, but SERVPRO professionals have the expertise to minimize or eliminate these. Simply put, the expertise of the restorer is critical to get the job done right.
Rely on SERVPRO of Clifton for a comprehensive water cleanup of your commercial building. Call us at (973) 928-3705 to get an inspection and an estimate.
For more about Clifton click here.
We Have The Best Techniques To Restore Your Home After A Water Loss
We have the state of the art equipment to restore your home and prevent further damage. Call us day or night, we are available 24/7.
What is the Best Way to Handle Water Cleanup from a Toilet Backup?
SERVPRO can remove sewage-tainted water and restore your Clifton bathroom to its preloss condition
Nothing says, "Need for urgent water removal" in a house as a toilet backup does. Unfortunately, it is a situation that almost every homeowner can expect at some point. The most common reasons include tree roots in the sewer line and or a blockage of waste and toilet tissue in the trap. The pungent odor notwithstanding, this type of water is dangerous for people and pets to come into contact with and needs professional cleanup.
What Should I Do Until Help Arrives for Water Removal?
There are several actions that Clifton homeowners can take before water cleanup help arrives, such as:
- Close off the loss area from the rest of the home
- Put down towels and rags to absorb the water; avoid mopping as this can cause contact with the contaminated water
- Turn off the water to the toilet and instruct family members not to flush it again
- Avoid using any type of chemicals to treat the water including bleach as this can mar surfaces or cause dyes to bleed
What to Expect When SERVPRO Arrives
One of the first actions the technicians do upon arrival is to test the water. They already know it contains sewage, but determining any other present pathogens or bacteria allows the techs to choose the level of antibacterial or antimicrobial treatment needed for the water.
The technicians may put up containment to stop the potential for cross-contamination in the Clifton home during water extraction and drying. Airborne moisture drops can carry harmful bacteria that have the potential to enter the human body via the eyes or the nose or mouth through aspiration. The techs wear full protective gear, including respiration equipment during the cleanup process for the highest safety standards. Air scrubbers get used frequently to capture airborne elements and improve air quality during the mitigation efforts.
What Are Some Common Issues Caused by Sewage-Tainted Water?
This type of water is also commonly referred to as "black water." And anything that absorbs it may be a loss. Non-porous items have the best potential for restoration, usually through immersion cleaning techniques.
Mold growth can begin as fast as 24-hours after a water loss event in a home and spread rapidly. SERVPRO techs know the early warning signs of a mold infestation and apply proactive measures to stop it before it starts. Other frequently seen water damage aftereffects of black water include:
- Loss to carpet and padding as they cannot get restored to a sanitary level for reuse
- Delamination of tile in the area of the water loss
- Sheetrock that wicks black water requires a tear out and replacement
- Hardwood flooring on a case by case basis may have restoration possibilities
What Are Some Odor Control Measures After the Water Cleanup?
- Even when the visible signs of the sewage backup get removed, there is still the issue of the odor. This type of water loss frequently has a very pungent smell that penetrates porous items. SERVPRO technicians use advanced formulas to clean and disinfect surfaces, including powerful antibacterial and antimicrobial cleaning agents. While manual cleaning of affected areas goes a long way to reducing odor, occasionally, the scent in the home requires more robust applications.
- Thermal fogging is an ideal method for neutralizing foul odors, particularly embedded ones. The technician heats a solvent to the point it becomes a fog and then allows the fog to cover all the water loss areas slowly. This application gets carefully used as it is for all types of surfaces and materials. When the fog comes into contact with odorous molecules, it attaches to it and breaks the chain eliminating the odor.
- Hydroxyl generators work to move airborne odor-causing molecules through the very safe use of ultraviolet rays, precisely like from the Sun. These machines are harmless for use around people, pets, and plants.
Final Steps For Water Damage Restoration
After SERVPRO techs complete the sewage water cleanup in a Clifton home, they take the property owner through for a review of the actions taken and repairs necessary to bring the house to its preloss condition. Another essential aspect of the restoration services is a detailed report that not only outlines the mitigation process but also includes photographs and descriptions of loss items to expedite any insurance claims.
Call SERVPRO of Clifton at (973) 928-3705 when you need a water cleanup of any size. The technicians are available 24/7 to restore your home to its pre-water loss condition.
See more about Clifton.