TIME FOR SPRING CLEANING!
With spring now and full swing, it the perfect time to focus on getting the winter clutter out and do a deep cleaning of your home.
Spring cleaning can be a dirty job. Not everyone has the capability or the hours of work that spring cleaning will entail, but most want a clean home.
Why hire a professional? Spring cleaning is really about getting deep into the home and cleaning from top to bottom. SERVPRO of Clifton brings high quality disinfectants and products that are more effective than you typical household cleaners. We also bring years of training and have perfected the technique and effectiveness in cleaning homes.
SERVPRO of Clifton cleans all major areas of your home and will also focus on the little details like mini-blinds, window sills, baseboards, etc.
What is your time worth? Save time with SERVPRO of Clifton.
Call us today! 973-928-3705
Spring Home Safety & Maintenance Checklist
Prevent Potential Problems Before they Occur
SPRING AHEAD WITH THESE HOME SAFETY & MAINTENANCE TIPS
The cold winter months are finally behind us and we are ready for the warmer Spring days, but is your home prepared? Following a home maintenance plan can help prevent potential problems before they occur.
- Check your electrical outlets for potential fire hazards such as frayed wires or loose-fitting plugs. Make sure outlets, fuse boxes and extension cords are not overloaded.
- Move your multi-purpose fire extinguisher to an accessible place, and make sure it is filled and ready for operation. Have your air-conditioning system inspected by a professional as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Check your water heater for leaks and corrosion
- Clean or replace your furnace filter
- Clean the clothes dryer exhaust duct and space under the dryer. Remove all lint, dust, and pieces of material.
- Inspect your smoke detectors. Make sure there is one on each floor of your home. Test them monthly, and change the batteries annually or as needed.
- Check the light bulbs in all your fixtures. Be sure they are the correct wattage as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Replace all high-intensity bulbs with fluorescent bulbs. Other types of bulbs, like incandescent, produce more heat than fluorsscent bulbs.
- Deep-Clean carpets, vacuum thoroughly and have them professionally steam cleaned and deodorized.
- Check for damage to your roof.
- Remove dead trees in your yard
- Keep healthy trees and bushes trimmed and away from utility wires.
- Safely store oil and gas for lawn equipment and tools in a vented, locked area.
- Repair cracked, broken or uneven driveways and walkways to provide a level walking surface.
- Have your sprinkler system serviced
- Examine the exterior of the chimney for signs of damage. Have the flue cleaned and inspected by a certified chimney sweep.
- Check for loose or leaky gutters and clean out winter debris. Improper drainage can lead to water in the basement or crawlspace.
SERVPRO of Clifton