What Should I Do After I Have a Grease Fire in My Kitchen?
For Fire Damage Restoration After You Suffer From a Mishap in Your Kitchen in Little Falls Call SERVPRO.
The most common way a fire starts inside residential buildings in Little Falls is by a cooking accident. Sometimes people get distracted and leave whatever they are cooking unattended, and then a mishap occurs. Grease fires can start quickly and burn many items inside your house in a short period.
What problems can occur even if I extinguish the blaze quickly?
During fire damage restoration in Little Falls, our SERVPRO experts first inspect your entire structure for possible issues. When something sets ablaze inside your kitchen, the heat and the smoke coming from the flames can cause problems with your building materials and contents. Smoke can travel through various parts of your house and leave behind residues. Partially combusted particles first rise with the heat, and then they can harden and attach to cooler surfaces like the upper part of your walls and your ceilings. A grease fire can create oily residues that can prove to be difficult to remove from the various surfaces inside your home.
How can you remove greasy, oily residues from my walls and ceilings?
"Like Dissolves Like": This phrase describes the fact that water-based detergents work best on soils that are H2O-based and oily residues can be removed more efficiently by using oil-based products.
The Use of Solvents: A solvent simply is any solution that has the capability of dissolving another substance. In the cleaning and restoration industry, though, a solvent is defined as any cleaning agent that is not water-based. Solvents can be used to remove soils that aren't water-soluble or in situations where water-based detergents could damage the item being cleaned.
The Use of Detergents: Water-based solutions can sometimes be effective against oil-based residues because the detergents can attach themselves to the soil molecules, and then the water can pull them away.
If you ever suffer from a grease fire, call SERVPRO of Clifton at (973) 928-3705 24/7.
Learn about Little Falls.