Is Restoration Tough to Navigate After a Fire?
SERVPRO Handles Fire Damage Restoration Using Proven Methods and Advanced Technology, Making It Easier to Bring Your Clifton Property Back to Life.
When summing up a house fire, many homeowners who have been through it will tell you it was their worst nightmare. However, the various steps you take immediately after the fire play a significant role in your restoration outcome. SERVPRO features IICRC-certified technicians ready to address every detail so that you can rest easy and know that everything is taken care of. Once you contact us, we can be at your Clifton property quickly to begin restoration efforts.
With SERVPRO’s fire damage restoration in Clifton, you can count on our methods and proven track record. We are available to take emergency calls 24/7 so that you know you have skilled technicians on your side and ready to get to work. Our team understands that each fire restoration project we get called to is unique, so we must adjust our cleaning procedures accordingly. The steps generally go as follows:
- You contact us, and we send out our Green Fleet to your property in as little as a few hours. We are Faster to Any Size Disaster!
- We thoroughly inspect your home once the property is deemed safe for entry, which will include a complete fire damage assessment.
- If needed, we perform immediate board-up services or tarping to protect your interior from exposure to the elements.
- We will remove any water and moisture present from extinguishing the flames, followed by our specialized drying techniques
- Our crew then handles the removal of all soot and smoke residue from surfaces, including deodorization practices
- We tackle any cleaning, controlled demolition, and repair as needed.
- Restoration wraps up with your interior sanitized and deodorized to ensure everything is left “Like it never even happened.”
What Precautions Should I Take After a Fire?
With a fire event in your home, you need to know the structure is safe to re-enter before anything can be done inside. This includes grabbing any of the belongings that you need/want. You should call SERVPRO as soon as possible to set our crew in motion to arrive where assessment can begin. This is also a good time for you to contact your homeowner’s insurance provider so that you can inform them of the fire.
Why Do I Need Certified Technicians on the Job?
Fire restoration calls for specialized skills and techniques, ensuring safety, best practices, and professional results. We have a staff fully-trained through regular SERVPRO teachings as well as the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). The IICRC is the entity that sets forth the standards for the industry of cleaning and restoration. We can handle all of the fire damage, water cleanup, contents cleaning, and mold remediation that may be involved in your fire damage project.
Do I Need to Worry About Structural Damage?
Depending on the extent of the blaze, there could be much damage that calls for extensive repairs. Our team works to restore your interior to bring it back to pre-fire condition faster than any DIY methods. Controlled demolition and repair is extremely beneficial to save both time and money for your project.
- We work to gain access to areas showing damage, including structural cavities that may be holding onto pooled water and soot.
- The crew will also handle the removal of any compromised materials caught within the path of the fire. Whenever partially damaged materials are not appropriately addressed, odors can intensify, and soot becomes corrosive in nature.
- It is essential that we work to handle all substantial structural concerns as soon as possible after the fire. This is done for both the safety of our crew as well as the integrity of your home.
How Do You Handle Soot Odors?
Unpleasant soot and smoke odors can linger if not appropriately handled during mitigation. We determine the kind of soot present so that we can select the best possible method for removal. This includes:
- Careful selection of cleaning products
- Use of advanced equipment and processes for deodorization
- Sealants that help to lock in odors left on certain surfaces after cleaning
During Fire Damage Restoration, is There a Need for Full-Scale Reconstruction?
A great deal of repairing or reconstructing takes place throughout the mitigation steps of your project. However, there are times when our in-house technicians may work in unison to ensure the entire job is as seamless as possible. We never want you to wait so that scheduling conflicts get in the way of the timeline we set in place to get you back into your home enjoying your regular activities.
SERVPRO of Clifton has you covered when you want trained technicians for your fire damage restoration needs. With one call to (973) 928-3705, we will have a crew at your door and ready to get started within hours.